Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Laundry Hamper

For a long time I used to put my dirty laundry into a milk crate that lived under my bed but my current bed doesn't accommodate that set up, so I needed a new hamper. I decided that I wanted to come up with a way to keep the hamper in my closet since I wasn't using all of that space anyways.

I found a plain laundry bag sitting around somewhere which was the perfect starting point for this project.


Next I punched a 1/4" brass grommet into each top corner of the bag.


Then I fashioned two little hooks out of coat hanger which I put around the closet rod.


Finally, I hung the bag onto these hooks. This is actually an old project, but I liked it a lot. I've been using this for three years or so, and it's pretty stellar. It hangs high so I can keep some boxes of stuff below it, and I put the grommets both slightly towards the back of the bag so that the front lip hangs out. This makes it easy to toss things into it from across the room... a very important feature of a hamper.

No comments:

Post a Comment