Saturday, March 14, 2009

Homemade Newsprint Pad

Happy Pi Day!

This post concerns a large pile of newsprint I aquired as waste from the relocation of several refrigerators at work. The freezers and refrigerators had been stuffed full of news print so that they could be moved without being emptied. I didn't know exactly what I was going to use the newsprint for, but I knew I could do better than just recycling it, so I took it home. It sat in an awkward roll in my garage for a few months before I was finally motivated to come up with a better way to store it. I decided to make a pad out of it.

For some reason, there is an extensive collection of yard sticks lying around the house, so I didn't feel bad about committing one of them to becoming the spine of the newsprint pad. I lined up the top off each page along the yard stick.
I bound the stack to the yard stick with staples.
There's the finished product. I've mostly been using it to sketch out designs or record ideas, but it's much easier to store this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment