Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Charger Cord Tether

I'm sure you've all been here before: the charging cables for your electronic devices fall behind the bureau as soon as you unplug them. It's surprising how such a simple problem with so many simple solutions could cause as much frustration as that one. Well I was sick of fishing out the end of the cable from behind my dresser to plug in my cell phone every night. I wanted something that was simple and effective, but not permanent. I had originally used some ducttape, which worked, but made a mess if I needed to take the charger on vacation or something.

Rather than driving a new fastener into my dresser, I used one of the staples holding the backing on.



I threaded a wire twist tie behind it and then wrapped that around a loop of the cable. I tried to leave enough tail so the phone could sit comfortably in the middle of the dresser-top but not so that I had large irritating loops of slack.


Simple problem, simple solution. It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment