Monday, February 9, 2009

Kitchen Hooks

I like to have my cutting board and frying pans hanging behind the stove so I can just grab them when I need them, and because I can just put them back after washing them without taking up a lot of space in the drying rack. The adhesive plastic hooks I was using are just fine for the cutting board and the small frying pan, but they kept breaking under the weight of the larger pan. After I replaced the third one in 6 months I decided that I needed a better solution. I needed something with a little more give than the plastic, so I chose coat hanger.

The original hook

To accommodate the shape of the new hook, I had to shave down the end of the handle so it was a little thinner. This prevents it from bumping into the hook as much when going on and off.


I bent a short section of wire into a hook that would sit flush against the surface of the stub of the old hook and affixed it with a little super glue.


And it works like a charm

No comments:

Post a Comment