Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wall Storage Ropes

I struggled to find a good place to store my skis and other long skinny objects that was secure and out of the way but still easily accessible when needed. I usually just leaned them up against the wall between two wall studs, but I decided that a more secure arrangement would be needed. To that end I decided to string up some rope between the wall studs so I could slip these tall narrow objects behind without fear of their falling.

I used my staple gun to tack the rope down. After shooting the staples in, I pounded them in a little more with a hammer to make sure that the rope would hold. For the ends I did 3 staples on the front and then tucked the end around the corner with 3 more for good measure.


To help keep the rope from sliding at the middle positions, I threw in a little overhand knot between the staples. I couldn't really hit those ones directly with the hammer because the knot got in the way. To circumvent this little issue, I placed my pry bar over the staples and then hit that with the hammer. It worked well.


Finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment