Tuesday, February 24, 2009

KitchenAid

I don't own a KitchenAid mixer but I was recently thinking about how having one might serve to expedite a few of my food preparation tasks, so I decided to finally follow up on an idea I had a long time ago.

I went down to the thrift store and after a little searching, I found exactly what I needed; a complete set of mixer heads [$1.50].

The basic premise is that I already have a perfectly good mixer, I just needed the heads. These ones chuck up perfectly in my drill and it's great because I have a variable speed trigger so I can precisely control the mixing speed. The other added benefit is that I can go in either direction as may befit the situation.

Action shot: mixing up some bread dough

It worked pretty well, but I don't know that this method represents a major improvement over mixing and kneading by hand. I'm not sure but it actually felt a little slower. I think the benefits will be more clear with cookie dough and whisking eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment